The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (hereafter “LIST”, “We”) is committed to ensure the highest standards of data protection in compliance with the national applicable legislation and with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereafter “GDPR”).
The present notice aims at illustrating what personal data we collect about you, the reason why we use your data and, as the case may be, share your data and the applicable retention periods. Additionally, the notice also provides you with information regarding your rights, how to exercise them and whom you can contact in case of any query.
The present notice is directed to:
- users or visitors of the FlexBeAn-Project website (hereafter the “website”),
- individuals who contact us by any means for any purpose.
Hereafter together “you”.
The data controller is LIST, having its registered office at 5, Avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
LIST is responsible for collecting and processing your personal data in relation with LIST’s activities.
Our contact details are set out in Section 11 (“Your rights and how to exercise them”) below.
We may collect personal data from the following sources:
- when you communicate with us,
- when you use or visit our website.
The categories of personal data that we collect about you may vary depending on your use of the website.
Please find here below a detailed list of personal data we may collect and process. Those may at times include:
- Contact details (such as name, surname, address, e-mail address, telephone number),
- Professional information (such as company/organisation, role),
- Technical data (such as IP address),
- Any other requirements (such as accessibility requirements).
Please find here below a list of the purposes for which we collect and process your personal data:
- To communicate with you,
- To ensure and improve the functioning and the security of our website and network,
- To manage complaints, feedback and queries,
- To comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations,
- To establish and/or defend our legal rights.
Please find here below a list of legal basis on whose grounds we collects and processes your personal data:
- Compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject,
- LIST’s legitimate interest, which may generally consist of (i) the pursuit of our research activity and objectives; (ii) the protection of our activity of our information systems security, of our employees, partners and supplier; (iii) the improvement or further development of our services; (iv) the establishment and/or defence of our legal rights.
In order to fulfill the purposes mentioned in Section 6 (“Purposes and legal basis for processing”), we may transfer your personal data to:
- External service providers that perform services on the Organisers’ behalf, such as IT service providers,
- Institutional or non-institutional partners, with whom LIST collaborates in the context of the Project.
In case of disclosure of your personal data to the aforementioned external subjects, the Organisers shall take appropriate steps to ensure that third parties will apply adequate protection to this data as required by the applicable data protection legislation.
In the absence of such adequacy decision, we will only proceed to such transfer after having implemented appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data (such as the use of standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission) or where a derogation established by art. 49 of the GDPR exists (such as your explicit and informed consent).
Further information about the mentioned transfers and the safeguard measures applied by us can be obtained by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the applicable data protection legislation, the Organisers have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to prevent or act upon any unauthorised and unlawful processing or disclosure, accidental loss, modification or destruction of personal data. These measures are implemented based on the current state of art, an evaluation of the risks derived by the processing activity and the need to protect personal data. Such technical and organisation measures are regularly updated and/or adjusted to new technical developments or any organisational change that may affect LIST.
What is a cookie?
Cookies have different functions. In general, cookies are necessary for the website to work in a correct way (for instance, by saving your current session). Cookies can also be used to analyse your browsing behaviour and to optimize your experience.
What cookies do we use and why?
This website uses session cookies. These cookies are used to enable you to visit the website and its features and they are automatically deleted once the navigation browser is closed. Users’ consent is not required for session cookies.
These cookies will be stored for 2 (two) years.
You can learn more about Google Analytics at the following link:
You can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies at the following link:
Social media buttons
This website may contain social media buttons. These buttons will redirect you to the homepages of the related social media. We do not control the setting of social media cookies and we advise you to check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them.
Please refer to the relevant social media platform’s privacy notice to learn more about their cookies.
Your consent and how to manage your cookies settings
With the exception of session cookies that are automatically deleted once the navigation browser is closed, you are free to accept or reject, totally or partially, the cookies in place on our website.
Please be informed that you can delete and manage your cookies settings via your web browser.
To learn more about how you can manage your cookies settings, please consult the following websites: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How to manage cookies in Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
How to manage cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explore
How to manage cookies in Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
How to manage cookies in Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
LIST will only retain your personal for a period of time that is strictly necessary for the purposes for which we collect your data, to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which LIST is subject or to manage our relationship with you.
With regards to your personal data collected and processed by LIST, you may exercise at any time the following rights:
- Right to access: You have the right to receive confirmation about whether or not your personal data is being processed by LIST. If that is the case, you have the right to know what data is being collected and processed and to obtain of copy of it;
- Right to rectification: If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request to have it rectified;
- Right to erasure: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 17 of the GDPR, you have the right to have your personal data deleted;
- Right to restriction of processing: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 18 of the GDPR, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability: Subject to certain conditions specified in art. 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data you provided to LIST in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transfer of these data to another data controller;
- Right to object: You have the right to object the processing of your personal data when the conditions set out in art. 21 of the GDPR apply;
- Right to withdraw consent: If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. The withdrawal of such consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (CNPD). More information on how to lodge a complaint are available on CNPD’s website: https://cnpd.public.lu.
You may exercise any of these rights by contacting Data Protection Officer (DPO) of LIST:
- by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com,
- or by post at:
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
Attn. Data Protection Officer
5, Avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
L-4362 Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
Please be aware that this website may contain links to other websites, that are not governed by this privacy notice. We encourage users to review the privacy notice of each website before disclosing any personal data.